Title Book: Maritime Transport and the Climate Change Challenge
Author : Regina Asariotis
ISBN 10: 9781849712385
ISBN 13: 1849712387
Publisher : Routledge
Category : Science / Environmental Science
Languages : en (Available in All Languages)
Pages : 327
Télécharger Maritime Transport and the Climate Change Challenge livre en PDF, EPUB, MOBI, AZW gratuitement. Lire en ligne livre par Regina Asariotis. International maritime transport is the backbone of the world globalized economy. It is a significant contributor to global CO2 emissions but also likely to be affected by wide-ranging and potentially devastating climate change impacts associated with rising sea levels and increased frequency/intensity of extreme weather events.
This book offers key information and analysis to anyone interested in learning more about the climate change challenge from the perspective of maritime transport and trade. It covers:
- the scientific background
- greenhouse gas emissions from international shipping
- potential approaches to mitigation in maritime transport
- the state of play in terms of the relevant regulatory and institutional framework
- potential climate change impacts and approaches to adaptation in maritime transport
- relevant cross-cutting issues such as financing and investment, technology and energy.
Including contributions from 25 experts from academia, international organizations such as the IMO, the UNFCCC secretariat, OECD, IEA and the World Bank, as well as the shipping and port industries, this is essential reading for professionals in the transport industry, governments and policymakers, trade bodies, investors, as well as researchers and students in the field of climate change and international transport.